Monday, August 1, 2011

Fortune Fakers, Flotsam and Jetsam, and everything inbetween

Chapters 15-17 were some of my favorites. In Chapter 15 Jeremy is going to his aunt's art show in Atlantic City. When they went to the boardwalk were Jeremy's dad was, I really thought that they would find the real fortune teller, but instead Lizzy and Jeremy found her granddaughter . The granddaughter tells them how her grandmother was kicked off of the boardwalk because she was scaring people when she told all of the men that they would die at age 40. I was so shocked when she said that her grandmother was basically a fake that I wanted to reach into the book and give that woman a piece of my mind. Did you feel the same way?Jeremy and Lizzy were also very angry and stormed away from her. In Chapter 16, they have their last day with Mr. Oswald. He lets Jeremy and Lizzy take something of his to keep. Jeremy picked out an old suitcase that had lots of people's flotsam and jetsam in it. I was really excited when they found three of the keys in it, but also disappointed that there wasn't a fourth. In Chapter 17, Lizzy becomes a "woman". They go to Jeremy's grandma's B&B which I know must have one last glimmer of hope for Jeremy at finding the keys to his father's box. Do you think that he will find the fourth key in time, and if he does will he be disappointed with what's inside?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post! I love this piece of what you wrote regarding Lizzy's grandmother:

    "I wanted to reach into the book and give that woman a piece of my mind."

    As I read it I was imagining you screaming right at the pages! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete