Thursday, June 30, 2011

Jeremy Fink

I just started reading Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life, and I must say this is my kind of book! I love the "quirkiness" of Jeremy, his best friend Lizzie, and his surroundings (a chair covered in bottle caps?) Although I'm still in the beginning, I can already tell that Jeremy's life never has a dull moment! When I first read that Jeremy lost his father at age 8, I couldn't help but think of him as quite a resilient kid. I can only imagine how he will hold up after facing the mystery before him. As I find myself relating to Jeremy in a lot of ways, I'm not so sure if I'd be as strong as he shows himself to be so far.

As for Jeremy and Lizzie's friendship, this is a perfect example of how opposites attract! They certainly balance each other, and I love the way Wendy Mass describes their interactions- hilarious!

I'm certainly looking forward to the rest of the book. I'm wondering how on Earth he will open the box, the obstacles he'll have to face, if he'll be able to do it before his 13th birthday, and of course what his father's idea of the meaning of life is. I can't wait to check back with more thoughts...

2 comments:

  1. There is so much "buzz" about the Jeremy Fink book, and I haven't even picked it up yet. We are going away for a long weekend, so I am definitely stopping by the library or the bookstore before I go.

    I am wondering if Wendy Maas will come back to visit us again next year, and better yet, I'm wondering if she might come visit this blog...

    Hmmm... there is an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just asked Wendy if she would give us a free Skype visit next year! - Mrs. K.

    ReplyDelete